I think my mom always had a crock pot. I was just thinking of how in the past women couldn't go far from the stove or they might burn their dish or their house down. I love the crock-pot. We've come a loooonnng way from a life by the stove. I have a crock-pot with cowboy beans going and a crock-pot with Kalua pork going. I am going to eat a little dinner and see if I can get a pot of soup on the stove. My stash was soooo low things were looking grim. I know that it is going to be busy between now and spring break. We have about 8 weeks until spring break.
I have a electric tea-pot that a former aide gave me. It is the best thing ever! I love it! It was getting some build-up on the inside from minerals in the water. I put water and vinegar in it and heated it up a couple of times. It came out sparkling clean. I was desperate for my tea. I ran out a couple of weeks ago and it came just in time for my second round of Parent/Teacher conferences. Some people have their morning coffee and I have my morning tea. I only have one 8 oz cup a day during the school week. So I don't think I am doing too badly.
I also went down to school today for several hours. I realized I was at school every day this weekend. I did get quite a few things done on my "to-do" list. I also created a pile of things for my parent volunteer to do. So I feel good about that! A colleague and I made a deal that every weekend we would spend 1 1/2 hours a piece in each others classroom. You really can get a lot more done with a buddy than by yourself. It keeps you going if nothing else. I hope it works out well. It will keep me motivated and moving a long.
There is also a rumor I may have visitors from the land up north so I may have to get that pile of clean laundry off my couch and put away so my guests can sit down. Well I'm off to get more done so I can give my all to the kids this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment