February 9, 2014
Soup Night! Revisited...
I attempted THIS soup tonight! We'll see how it turns out. I didn't have fresh carrots, celery, or onions. I also didn't want to go to the store tonight! So I used my dehydrated veggies to put it together. I also added a wee bit of Italian seasoning and a cup of rice. I hope it turns out well. I never quite measure the dehydrated vegetables correctly. I have to err on the side of less is better! I purchase my dehydrated vegetables at Honeyville Farms. The quality is good and the flavor seems to be there. It is a great option to have on hand. Especially if you live in the boonies. I don't know this year some of you "townies" have had trouble getting to the store with the Artic Vortex. I had a moment of panic when I thought I was out of basil but in my shuffling it got shuffled to the back of the spice shelf. I will freeze this and it will provide me around 2 -2 1/2 weeks of lunches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment