eventually have rays bouncing out of the top of it onto two nearby bulletin boards. On the bulletin boards will be posted pictures of students that are "bucket fillers" or students that have been recognized by their peers as being kind.
My plan for tomorrow is more time spent at school getting ready for the week and adding a little bit more color to the bucket. I know my students are very excited to be painting the mural. Hopefully, they all remember to bring their "paint" clothes. We only have 5 and 1/2 days of school left. So crazy.
I went to our local movie theater tonight. They just recently updated their screen, sound, and projection. The viewing is much more enjoyable. I wasn't surprised but was disappointed to see that parents brought their kindergarten and first grade students to this movie. Yea ratings are merely suggestions apparently these days. I also got in a little lawn mowing this weekend. Despite the rain we've had we didn't get enough to really saturate my lawn. It was getting a little crispy so I have been watering today. My neighbor was kind enough to move my sprinklers around while I was working at school.
We have a "track" day at high school on Thursday. I don't know what this involves other than we go to the high school track for an hour. When I experience this I will be sure to share. My class also won a pizza party from PTO for a reading contest. They are pretty excited about that. There has been some negativity going on but then I look at all of the accomplishments of my students and wonder "Why do I let cranky people bring me down". We have a lot to celebrate! We kicked some major keister on test scores as well. Hard work pays off.
Thank your for your service to our country all service men and women past and present!

No comments:
Post a Comment