February 9, 2015

Zucchini, Sunshine, and Dancing!

It doesn't seem to matter how much time I spend at school on the weekends. I never get it all done. I always feel 25 steps behind. I can't believe how quickly the school year is going by. I guess the upside of the insanity is that it is flying by. I can't even keep track of the craziness. I have a cold and overall I feel okay but my voice is done. Which doesn't really work well in a class of very talkative seven and eight year olds. We do have a voice amplification system. I would be in real trouble with out it. They can even hear it when I whisper.  The stress that is put on a teachers voice is incredible. I can't imagine not having an amplification system. It really reduces the strain of talking throughout the day. You can also talk like Darth Vader into it and  add excitement to a lesson.

We do a lot of dancing in my class. If you know me and how much rhythm I possess, you are probably scratching your head in confusion. We watch some dances from Just Dance on youtube and the students dance along. We also use a website called GoNoodle. GoNoodle has one where the students sit in their seats and pretend to ride a roller coaster. It is pretty funny to watch the whole class throwing their hands up in the air and yelling as they "go down" the coaster. It is pretty fun. Seven and eight year old's have a lot of wiggles to work out of their system. If we didn't dance I would have a mutiny.

I was slotted for Jury Duty tomorrow. Luckily I called and the trial was canceled. Hopefully that will keep me off their call list for awhile. I never know who is going to trial but it is always a concern it will be a parent of a student. I could opt out under those circumstances. I just don't want to know all of the small town drama.

I made Gluten Free Zucchini bread this weekend. It is WONDERFUL! The delicious factor made my day. Sometimes I miss bread. Most of the time I don't, I miss things like pasta and pizza. I never ate much bread. I drank my tea today to get through the long day. I have to label Valentine's before Thursday. The Awesome news is that it is a LONG WEEKEND! Thank You George and Lincoln for having Birthdays in February... You help teachers survive till Spring Break. We have a late one here it is in April. January through March seem like the longest months of the year.  It was soooo warm here today that I had to open my classroom windows and turn on the Air Conditioner. Ridiculous!

One more thing... when I left work today... the sun was still SHINING! I love that the days are getting longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment