Countdown... One more day off and then the FIRST DAY! I am not ready... am I ever ready? I did so much at school on Thursday and Friday that today I just chilled out. I picked up my bountiful basket and did some laundry. We were able to complete two weeks of lesson plans and submit them. I found a website to do lesson plans on called planbookedu.com. I can download them as a word document as well once they are typed in their form. It took me a little bit to figure out some of the features available. It will save us a lot of time because I don't have to fight with formatting our lesson plans or retype certain headings in over and over again. I sent our completed lesson plans to a colleague and she said "Our lesson plans have never looked so pretty before." That made me chuckle who else but a teacher would look at lesson plans as "pretty." I totally understood what she meant though. It helped us organize them so completely it was a beautiful thing. Anything that helps us save a little time on lesson plans is a thing of beauty as well.
We have tried to get our administration to allow us to put a little less time on grade level lesson plans. Why? Because we have our grade level lesson plans, our lesson plan minutes, and personal lesson plans to submit. Do you know what happens? We end up spending so much time typing things into forms to submit them we lose time spent on quality discussions about how we are going to teach. It bites. Lesson plan minutes was a new thing added to us last year and our currant administration made us continue them this year. It is a mindset I cannot change so I suppose I will have to accept it and move on. Hopefully with this new site I can put them in and recycle most of it the following year with tweaks here and there so we don't have to re-do the whole thing every time. This is my first year teaching in this district in which we have a complete curriculum. It is amazing to have this. Some of our new teachers don't understand how much we appreciate this. I don't know if all of them will be on board with the curriculum choice but the district has adopted it so I think they will have to find a way to accept it.
So what do I need to do to be ready for Monday? Finish my personal lesson plans for the week. Get their job chart and hot lunch cold lunch chart up, finish making any necessary copies, and a few other organizational things. Then it begins. ♪ Dun DUN Dun♫! So tomorrow that is what I will be working on. Hopefully, I will get that done quickly enough I can clean house a little more before the insanity begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment