I tweaked my back again and I am in pain. The bummer about being in pain is that you don't realize how much it drains you. I don't think I've been super grumpy, but I do notice a lack of energy. I have an appointment next week. I think it will take awhile for the muscles around my injury to heal. I also must make sure I ice my back every night. You know the bummer about having a sore back where I do is that I can't put DoTerra Deep Blue on my own back. I am telling you that Deep Blue is the stuff. Forget that Bengay or Icy Hot. I found this product to get the lotion on my back. Otherwise I'd have to call on a very understanding neighbor. Awkward.
My training continues this week. It has been good thus far. My presenter isn't the most dramatic so by the end of the session I am usually over it. She is good but just dry. If I taught my students as dryly as she teaches us, well it would be torture for all involved. It is great to be learning more about the application of this curriculum. The more we dive into it the more I like it. They are also making some strides in the online portion of this curriculum for students. So maybe by spring or at least next fall we will have that to use. I like that they are sticking with the core of what makes the curriculum quality but updating how that core is implemented with technology.
I made meatloaf the other night and finished it off by making mashed potatoes to go with it tonight. I put them all in a freezer container to heat up for lunches or dinners. I will have to had a veggie or salad to it when I eat it. It just makes it so much easier for me to have a freezer of ready made meals.
I have been observing a friend go through a period of transition. These times of life are always so hard. You're unsure of the next steps, what the outcome will be, if you're making the right decision, what decision to make. It is always at that point when you let go and realize this one isn't in your hands that things work out. I am there as an observer and friend and I feel bummed for my friend. Usually these times of transition don't just impact yourself but others around you. Especially if you have children and a family. Getting to that point where you can let go is always such a release. What is difficult is when the transition isn't your choice. Then it is really hard to think of what to do next. So life goes. I am a person who really likes stability and being settled. God hasn't allowed me to get stuck in too much of a rut yet. I have had so many of these periods of transition that I know that I will learn from it in the best of ways. Even though I know this, it does not remove the stress. If you know someone going through something like this it seems like the best thing you can offer them is a listening ear and maybe a little distraction.
No comments:
Post a Comment