Lesson planning: it takes time. A lot of time. There have been times I have winged it. There is a price to pay for that. I promised myself I would spend more time really reading through our teaching guide and planning lessons. Tonight as I was working on Lesson planning I realized that about 3 hours had passed while I was working on lesson plans. I hope it will allow me to feel more prepared for the week ahead. It was one of my huge tasks this weekend to work on lesson planning. I may have to tweak here and there but overall I feel it is pretty complete. Now I have to gather and organize all the materials to execute the plan. That takes more time. I started using an online Plan book this year. I think since it is the first year we have had a complete curriculum it really makes lesson planning much much easier. I read it sometimes and think " I am really doing that all in one day?" It is no wonder whey I am tired and my students are tired by the end of the week. It is a lot of new learning.
I will have to go in to school to prepare and gather materials for next week. I will also have to go in to finish grading from the last couple of weeks. The list is long. I am glad I have more time to prepare. I have an app called Evernote that I have been continuously adding to a "to-do" list on. I just read it and think all my goals for being ready for next week are achievable. I accomplished more the past couple of days than I realized. Not that it won't take me some time. It will. Oops as I typed I added two more items to my list. So it goes.
I have almost conquered my laundry pile so that is an accomplishment as well. The winds have arrived. With it that chill to the fall air. The very warm days and chilly nights season has started. The afternoon winds howl over my house they are so strong.
Thinking about the wind I drove by our town cemetery as they were preparing a grave for a graveside service. I was thinking about how we kind of "pretty up" these ceremonies with AstroTurf and the like. Then I realized that may have started for a more practical reason. The pile of dirt they cover with turf isn't blown around by the wind into the eyes of those gathered there. I was thinking at first perhaps they were just covering the grim reality of where the body was going. So that was my weird thought of the day.
I received a couple of early birthday cards this week. They were of course from companies I pay for services. A better birthday gift would be to deduct the amount the spent on postage to send me a card from my bill. Don't you agree? Then I received a couple from local businesses that have a "club card" for 5$ off on my next purchase of a gazillion dollars or more. Ahem. I should hit the hay!
G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment