September 5, 2015

My buddy

Well my little neighbor buddy comes to visit quite often. If dinner isn't quite up to par at his house he will visit after dinner for a banana muffin and a orange. Well the other night he came over and headed to my freezer to get a muffin. I had to tell him that I was all out. His look toward me fully indicated his complete disgust. I mean this is as bad as grandma's cookie jar being empty. He said "make more" and left my house.  So last night I fulfilled this obligation and made a couple of batches of muffins. He came over as I was pulling the last bunch out of the oven. Eating commenced. Five muffins later I talked him into an orange. This morning he came over for one more.  All was back to normal.  I often freeze bananas that are super ripe to make banana muffins out of later. It works. They are a little slimy to peel but I am able to save them for when I have time to bake.

I also managed to get quite a bit of cleaning done a long with another trip to the recycling center. I ran down to school today to get my teachers manuals to work on planning.  I brought them home so I can keep doing laundry and plan as well. I will have to spend some time at school later but for now I am just enjoying being at home.

My little buddy is hanging out with me for a bit while his mom makes a grocery store run.  It is great to have neighbors that can help and this relationship goes both ways. I am very lucky in my neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment