My students are wonderful. They helped me get through this day without a voice. They volunteered to help me call names, ask questions, call tables to line up, and much more. They tried their very best to be quiet and that is a challenge. It's like asking a bunch of ladies to come to a potluck and not speak to each other. It's physically impossible.
I also learned a new trick. The "Mystery Trash" trick. After contemplating what the mystery trash might be you announce " I spy a mystery piece of trash on the floor and if you find it there is a prize for you! You stop when they find it or if the floor is sufficiently clean to announce a random winner. (They just can know it's random). The floor of the classroom will never be cleaner. It's quite the motivating game. Wish I'd learned about this a couple of years ago.
After school we did a team building competition of sorts. We were broken into teams. The teams chose a person to represent them in Skittle⌐ sorting. Our team came in third out of six teams. I was NOT the official Skittle⌐ sorter. Thank goodness. At one point a teacher on our team said "Can you imagine what parents would say if they knew at our meeting today we were sorting Skittles⌐! " After we finished that exciting business we broke of to schedule our sibling conferences. This school is so much more organized. Before any other conferences are scheduled we get together to schedule the siblings so that parents do not have to come back and forth to school. The office copies all the papers that go home to have parents choose a time, day, and alternate times. Then they supply a paper that confirms a time with parents. It is just a level of efficiency I am not accustomed to. It saves so much time. I had to always type up the note and get it all ready. I feel spoiled.
I'm drinking a cup of tea before bed. I came home this evening so tired. I had a little nap. I think with a hot cup of tea I will be able to get back to sleep again! G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment