I can't recall a time when I didn't find white noise relaxing. I remember taking a nap after lunch and mom would start the dishwasher. It hushed the background and outdoor noises and made for a pleasant nap. I like a good nap. I have had trouble sleeping since being sick and it seems like just when I am relaxed enough to get a decent sleep some sound awakens me. I have a small white noise machine that I have been running. That helps a lot. Then of course my humidifier is going. This all leads me back to my classroom of course 😁. I am sure you are wondering "How?" Well, when my students are able to be good enough listeners for enough days in a row they earn "Flashlight-Friday." They get to bring flashlights to school and read. I usually put this fireplace on my Smart-Board. It has been perfect during the cold weather. It gives an illusion of warmth. There is something so calming about watching a fire. I started thinking about other relaxing videos we could watch during this time. I found a few more like this one, and this one, and even this one. I think I can put any of those of for a fairly quick calming influence on my class.
Anyhow, all of this made me think of my favorite ride at Disneyland as a kid. They've now messed it up. Like many great things someone thinks they have a better idea and they completely remove the part that made it great in the first place. My absolute favorite ride as my mom will attest to was the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. Anytime there was a lull in rides and a possibility of making a choice to go again. I did. My very favorite part of the whole ride was the boat ride through the bayou. The people on their swamp shack porches the fireflies flickering. There was something about it that everyone would get quiet on the ride. It was peaceful. I loved that ride. The following relaxation video reminded me a little of that...
No comments:
Post a Comment