August 22, 2017

Busy Day

I checked a lot of my "To-Do" list today. I think I may have even completed my laminating. I worked on printing materials I need. Making a schedule and contact info magnet for parents, postcards to send to students, etc etc. I even got my new (old) bookshelves from my friend and have them in my classroom. I almost have my bulletin board finished as well.  I have a lot more to accomplish before the first day of school, but today I feel a lot closer to being ready.

Tomorrow I am in training all day. After the training I may go to school for a little bit. I'll see how tired I am. The training is an overview of our new reading curriculum. I think it will be more of an overview of how to use it. I expect boredom. All of the 2nd Grade teachers in the district are meeting at one school. The other grades are meeting in different places. Luckily the school we are meeting at is about 2 minutes from my house. Wednesday I am in meetings at our school all day. Thursday they give us the day to work in our classroom because Thursday night is "Back-to-School-Night". Friday we are in training again all day. Then I have the weekend to finish last minute details before the first day on Monday. This time of year flies.

My class list changed a little bit today I lost one and gained one. They said we wouldn't be moving students around, but we could still have some added to our list. There are often late registrants in mining towns. Right now I have 22 students with 11 boys and 11 girls. Hopefully that is enough gals to keep the guys in line! HA! I have two students with the same name (different spellings). My colleague has 6 students sharing 3 different names. That is the worst. Then with the different spellings...yeah...it gets complicated.

Well, I'd better hit the sack.
G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment