February 13, 2019

Commute

Well my 20 minute commute home turned into 1 1/2 hour commute today. A few cars in front of me did some involuntary off-roading. Based on what I observed before that point many people were driving way too fast for the road conditions. We had a terrible combination of blowing snow, drifting, and slushy snow.  That combination will easily pull a vehicle where it wants you to go. I talked with a pal on the phone while waiting.  A few of our buses canceled their journey to deliver students because they couldn't make it up the roads due to drifting. There was even a few snow plows getting stuck. We had something you might call a blizzard today. Which is a lot of fun when you have nowhere to go. I am crossing my fingers and hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

I am just recovering from  a cold. I LOVE the snow! Don't get me wrong, but I'm not so fond of being sick during the snow!  My amazing landlord makes sure all the walks are shoveled and spreads ice-melt and plows our parking lot. That makes a blizzard that much more enjoyable.

I am taking an online class right now and this class so far has reinforced all of my beliefs about reading. What is quite frustrating to me is reading articles about the importance of phonics is NOT enough. Teachers need to be taught the "HOW" not just the why. Many teachers are leaving teaching colleges without the "how" part.  It is annoying.

Well... I need to sign off take some cold meds and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment