April 6, 2019

Spring Break

I've been off the internet mostly and haven't posted in quite awhile. My laptop was almost completely dead. I think I can get it on enough to get everything I need off of it... but it won't be fun. It was a fight just to get it started up. I had some help picking out a refurbished laptop for a great deal. Then that went to visit a computer guru also known as my cousin. It arrived back to me in perfect working order. It is a great size for me!

Spring Break just flew by in a whirlwind. I was able to spend a couple of days breathing fresh coastal air. What is sad when I travel up north now is often  my fresh air is polluted by Marijuana smoke these days. You can't pollute anyone's air with anything but marijuana up north. A breeze is necessary at all times. It was a good trip and I was able to scoot over to see my Granny. She is recovering and rehabbing from surgery. It will take her awhile to build her strength, but she is working hard every day to get moving. It was great to be able to give her a hug and chat with her.

Right before break was Parent Teacher conferences. Most went well. A couple were not happy campers. It's hard to help kids to care when their parents do not take responsibility on their end. Those couple of days spent in conferences are totally exhausting. We arrive back to the last nine weeks of school! It will fly by I am sure. I have to get my classroom completely boxed up. I do not know what is in store for me next year. I do know I will be at either the newly built school or the school I am currently at. I will not know where I will be till possibly May or even later in the summer. We really can't get a definitive answer to this question.  It is interesting to be at a school during this transition. If I end up in a situation I am not happy with I can always put in for a transfer later. I am hopeful that things will go well, the waiting and unknown isn't really much fun. I think what concerns me the most is working with some of the amazing people I work with. I want to continue working with these colleagues. It makes a huge difference in your day to have colleagues that are good people.

I also made the grand purchase of a tandem kayak. My brother found me a good deal on a good brand. It is more kayak that I was expecting, but I am looking forward to some lake time this summer break. I need a few more accessories to make it all work!  Well.... I'm off to work on doing some more laundry and do some house cleaning. It is back to reality on Monday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment