April 21, 2019

Easter Weekend

I spent all day Saturday in my Google Class which was pretty great. I learned a lot. It was very tiring though. Then today I went to school to prep for the next few weeks of school. We are almost out of paper so I wanted to get as much done as I could before it runs out. After that, I guess I will be utilizing other things to teach! I am prepared till the end of May... I have a little paper hidden for emergencies.

After prepping for the coming weeks, I went to my friends for an Easter dinner. We had many delicious things. I really enjoy dinners cooked by other people. I am now getting some dishes and laundry done for the week ahead.

I was asked to take on a practicum student. This student was basically given a  last chance to get it together. I felt optimistic. I thought maybe this will be the turning point. It doesn't appear to be their turning point. A practicum student is a student that observes teachers and is going through the education program. They are not at the point where they are student teaching yet. This one just doesn't really seem to be into teaching. I can tell even my students feel the vibe from her. I had to ask her, a grown woman, with several children, to leave her lap top at home. She was on it the entire time doing homework for school. Yeah, that isn't going to work. I had another practicum student who didn't need to do as many hours, and she was very engaged and had a lot of education related questions. The other had none. Yeah.... go do something else. Please.

I also need to start packing the boxes. ACCKKKK I always seem to be moving for some reason....

No comments:

Post a Comment