There are lots of things that tell you you're living in a small town. There are some things that just make you chuckle though. Such as the Motel Office being combined with the Liquor Store. "Buy by the Case and Save!! Motel Office-Check In Here"! Yep That's right. I guess for some it would make a better nights sleep. Dad and I attempted to go to the landfill.. it was closed to day but we were able to drive by the City Corrals. It looked like a little shanty town for Horses. There were a few sheep there. It looked like people rented the space and then built a little shack for their horse! They even had an area to practice Barrel Racing. Some of the people had strung up Christmas Lights on their stable. We got kind of a kick out of it all.
I don't know about all y'all but I am done with the cooking and eating thing for awhile :)! I think we tried all our recipes out this weekend. One more to go though and then we will freeze it. I found a great cookbook called Freezer Pleasers. It has some good ones! Most of the recipes appear to be doubled so when you bake one you can have it for dinner and freeze the other one. Sometimes by the time I am done preparing and cooking something I want to wait awhile before I eat it.☻ Especially if I have taste tested it for goodness throughout the cooking process.
So this evening in a mildly heated debate we were discussing mixing meats. Now what I mean by this is eating pork with beef, or chicken with beef, etc etc. I am anti-meat-mixing. Bacon does not go on a Hamburger.. Cream of Chicken soup cannot be mixed with cooked Hamburger. It is just wrong!! I am sure some of you plebeians with a lack of sophisticated and refined taste-buds have eating those little steaks with bacon wrapped around them. Siggh. That is just plain wrong. Granny suggested that perhaps we agree to disagree! What a silly idea I know I am right(tee hee)☻.
We went to our little museum today. It was an interesting mix of odds and ends. I guess I can check that one off my list of things to do. I don't know the official plan for tomorrow. I am just glad it warmed up to 36 today. It was like a heat wave after -19°F. Dad is watching some silly football game on my laptop. Thank goodness I have headphones or we'd all be suffering through Arizona vs. U of O. I know...I know...I lack the refinement to appreciate a game of football. I have a football game quota. I maxed it out this year so you'll have to wait till 2011 to get me to watch a football game. Well I have only 2 days left of vacation, and then the Christmas Program Planning Extravaganza of Stress begins. Whoo Hoo. People keep asking me questions about Christmas Break. I won't be putting my brain to that task until I've completed the Christmas Program so don't bother asking me.
We were able to get a few winter coats for our needy children. Their unfettered delight over their new coat made me smile. They didn't want to remove them. Only the possible threat of getting paint on them in Art class made it possible to take them off !! Uh Oh.... As I sat typing this I heard a plaintive meowing on my front porch. I opened the door and a wee little kitten was meowing at me. Ahh man how can one turn away a cute little kitty when it is 25°F outside and dropping. It is cute enough I am sure she will get adopted at the pound. Well I guess I will find where that is tomorrow.
your writing has been enjoyed.
ReplyDelete