I must have had a moment of insanity, a lack of oxygen in my brain, temporary amnesia, blood toxicity,or brain trauma. But I with a complete lack of inhibition decided to let kindergartners use tempera paint. 15 cute little demons with paintbrushes.Painting hearts warm colors of red, orange, and yellow! I never thought this statement would come out of my mouth "Please don't use the paintbrush on your forehead"!! Luckily that was a disaster that was diverted. They were all wearing paint smocks and quite happy in their artistic endeavors. It was only I who was having panic attacks! Also when you've covered your paper in as much paint as you can possibly manage to load onto a brush then hold up your picture to show your teacher the amazing masterpiece you have made and no paint falls in your lap... Well all I can say is Miracles happen every day!! I don't know what else to say about that other than they definitely painted warm hearts warm and I am definitely crazy enough to bring out the paint again! Sigh
Christmas Program insanity is in full swing. Every time I think I have a handle on the festivities I am proven wrong. I stayed late after school with students who really wanted to finish painting their props. I wanted to go home and put on pajamas and recuperate. I just may dream of spilling paint. Okay back to the Christmas Program. We have a lot to do. Next week is our "Dress Rehearsal" for 5th grade that is going to be highly entertaining. What was I Thinking??? Okay I think all teachers develop amazing abilities ... overnight brain cleansing washing all those thoughts of impossibility out and replaced is believing the kids are capable of so much more!! Then you start a project and realize they can't cut in circles. Do I really need to have a day of circle cutting? OH yes I forgot not only did I paint I brought out the GLITTER!! Glitter is almost a curse word in the minds of Janitors across these fifty states. I told the kids the school was almost out of glitter and it would be sad if we used the last of it... so they let me put glitter on their pictures for them. The janitor doesn't even know the disaster averted there!
Oh man I had plans to write more tonight but.. my brain is one big useless noodle right now. It is time to sleep. One quick thing though... for this small town I thought it was pretty neat. A house close by (luckily not too close) set their lights to music. So you can tune in to a radio station and watch the Christmas lights "dance" to the Music! Pretty fun stuff :)! Okay have a good sleep I plan on sleeping till oh that meeting tomorrow morning! I will probably get up for that ... Goodnight
Please excuse any and all grammar and spelling errors.. I did mention my brain had checked out didn't I??
No comments:
Post a Comment