December 10, 2010

"Kindergartners are cute" "Most of them anyway"

There are exceptions to every rule. So yes, kindergartners are cute.. but some of them make one want to pull your hair out. One thing that is cute about them... as we watched their Christmas song in ASL they said oh Santa lives next door! He came to talk w/ the narrator then left again. Some of them thought it wasn't Santa but his brother. Then they all decided that it was Santa. They crack you up :)

Well I got a thumbs up for a project I did from administration. Even better it was an opinion I really respect. So that left me feeling really good. I spent a lot of time yesterday cleaning my classroom. It had gotten away from me w/ all the "prop" making, art construction, etc etc. I couldn't stand it anymore. Hopefully the janitors appreciated my efforts :). I have a very small room.. and shelves, storage, etc are lacking!! I am constantly putting things away that will be pulled out again in an hour.. but they have to be put somewhere to dry. I keep hoping for shelves. Apparently I have to beg long, and loud, and clearly to get them. Sigh.

I had a class today which was very encouraging and I felt like I made good progress. I also spent more time working in my room today getting things organized for the Christmas program. Then I was thrown off my buggy into the drink (so to speak). Some changes might be occurring in one of the grade levels. I don't understand it and sometimes I wonder if logic is thrown out the window when decisions are made. I also heard some sad news about one of my students. I think the student's life will be better with current changes. I am just really sad that the student had to go through what they did. Why our society tolerates and barely punishes certain things is beyond my comprehension. Some people cannot, will not, ever be rehabilitated. It just makes me really, really, angry that we treat our criminals with more respect than our victims much of the time. I know there are people out there trying to fight that... but America we've got it A** Backwards. Grrrrrr. Protecting the innocent should always come first. Anyhow, so I know you don't really know what I am talking about but just know that a lot of children need our prayers.

So "THE PROGRAM" is next week. Acck. Most of the staff has been very encouraging and very supportive and helpful. There was one staff member who asked me if they had to come. I said "yep". Who does this person think will take care of their classroom students? Gee no problem Why don't I just take on all 400 kids and everyone can stay home??? Anyhow that person waited to see if I would ask why, take pity on them, etc etc. I didn't say another word. SO with a sigh they left. uggh!

Today has been the oddest combination of ups and downs. I have been receiving a lot of compliments about the work my students have done. That is very encouraging. Teachers from other schools even have made a point to come let me know how much they enjoy checking out what my students have created. So that makes me really happy. It is something I have control over and a lot of these kids really need that boost. So I am looking forward to sharing that with them next week. So wish me luck and lets hope if they don't sing well that they will sing with gusto!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment