I was bored... very very bored in the airport. I was also tired. So I did read a lot but eventually even that was getting tedious. I wanted a nap. Airports are not great napping habitats. Just when you get to a snooze an announcement comes over the intercom saying Mr. So-and-So had better boogie down to his flight otherwise they are closing the doors and leaving without him. So I was a texting fool and sent my friend M. many many texts of what I saw and heard so I will share a bit with you.
" You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch Is playing in the airport"... seems appropriate for Christmas Day in the Airport doesn't it?
"Men shouldn't wear Sequins"
" YOU would not believe the comb-over I just saw... unbelievable 2 skinny strands of hair on each side of his head. then A little curl wear they met in the front" I am still traumatized by this sight.
" Could be worse I could be waiting for a flight to Wichita"
" Sorry I am bored ... but have you ever been tempted to break out into song in the airport bathroom? They have great acoustics"
"Whats the point of wearing winter boots if you pair them with a Halter Top?"
"mom to a 3 or 4 year old boy " Thanks for being nice", boy: "what's nice?", mom:"Uh the opposite of naughty"
" I woke up this morning and I couldn't decide whether to wear my white had or my black hat... So I went with both"
No Kidding a lady was wearing 2 hats
There was many many more but I will not bore you with them all. It kept me entertained watching and listening to people. But it was a very very long day at the airport. It is good to be home for a bit. The time is flying by. I have done a little bit of shopping but not much. This trip has been more about seeing all my pals :) which has been really good. My cold is quite a bit better so I think my flight home will be a bit better. I was sooo not feeling good. I was grouchy, and tired. Oh I did learn something from the Pharmacist before I left. I told him I was flying out the next day and I needed something to help my ears from popping too badly from my cold. He said take Dramamine. I must've given him one of my "are you nuts" looks so he went on to explain. Meclizine is its active ingredient. Meclizine is antihistamine which they give to astronauts to help them during take off. So I thought well If NASA is using it surely they know a little something? So I gave it a shot and it helped quite a bit. My ears still popped some but not too badly and certainly not as badly as I had expected. On a more interesting note though... You know how they say when taking Dramamine not to operate heavy machinery????? Does it get much heavier than a Space Shuttle?? Well I'd better sign off
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment