March 28, 2011

Warming Trends

Well the weather is getting warmer. We were warned that with the warm weather comes students who lose their little minds. Spring Fever!!! Spring Break is still several weeks away. I am so ready...SOOOO ready. There are teachers who voted to have NO Spring Break next year. Seeing how burnt out all the staff and students are.. I can't imagine not having a break. It is a shame the break isn't after state testing. The kids really have trouble focusing and getting back to work after that. Well so do the teachers for that matter.

Ahh the Black Plague... bring that up to third grade boys and they want to know more. What were the symptoms, how did people get it, how long did it take them to die. The more disgusting the descriptions the more they delighted in it. That is a gene worth identifying... the "gross" gene. Anyhow, after learning about the Black plague we moved on to the Renaissance and Michelangelo. The kids thought they probably moved the blocks of marble with a truck ahem.... ! Well uh nooooo they didn't have trucks... "THEY DIDN'T????" Cracked me up.

The Carpenter is still doing construction. He would get a lot further if he came "On time" didn't take several breaks, a long lunch, and leave early! I went into the wrong business apparently. I guess I shouldn't whine too much because progress was made. Well I am off to prepare for the munchkins
TTFN

P.S. online radio that so far (knock on wood) our firewall doesn't object too...
Slacker

No comments:

Post a Comment