June 3, 2011

Night at the Movies...

So I finally went to our local movie theater! It plays one movie at a time and they are usually whatever "G" rated animated movie is out. However, THOR was playing. I was invited to the "guys" night out. Since I usually like movies made from comic books. So I went to the movie theater. From the outside other than the Marquee showing the lasted movie. It looks like it is an abandoned building with a dirt/gravel parking lot. The ticket booth was old school and your ticket was literally pulled off the roll and torn in half. The same type of tickets that we used at our school carnival or that you might buy for raffle tickets.
RAFFLE TICKETSThe Coin-Tainer Co. Single Assorted Raffle Ticket Rolls, 2000 Count, 1 Roll, Colors May Vary (60640-63773)

It was pretty funny. Bottled water was one dollar, the movie was seven dollars. Anyhow the inside had not been updated in... decades would be my guess. Although the seating had been updated (sort of). They bought old seating from a university auditorium. The type that had the little table that you can pull up from the side of your seat and lay across your lap. Since this quality used seating did not have cup-holders... they just drilled a hole in the little table. :) It made me smile.
Leaving the theater with many of the towns teenagers who then began to hang out in the parking lot. I was kind of observing for a bit and watched a guy come out of the theater. He went to the corner of the street the theater sits on and was "Thumbing" or trying to "Hitch" a ride home. I had to wonder how he arrived at the Theater. There is no doubt in my mind that someone gave him a ride home. So a small town evening at the Theater.

1 comment: