February 29, 2012

Cranky Teacher

I am tired tonight. It was a busy day and it seemed like all the kids were pushing the limits. Well not all...but a few who know better. If you don't have boundaries at home, makes it hard for your kids teachers. I spent part of my lunch away from it all. I usually eat my lunch with the kids but I realized I needed a little break today. I hate micro-managing people. I just wish they could do their job. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case so I guess I will have to. Sigh.

I did get my paperwork done for the grant. My principal is going to the meeting when they review the grants. If they have any questions she will be available. She thanked me for taking the initiative to get it done. I did get some help from the English teacher on writing it.I was grateful. The principal thinks we have an excellent chance of getting it. I sure hope so! It would be a huge boost for the school. It is a great opportunity for all of us. I am thinking positive thoughts.

I am get a little frustrated with my principal sometimes. I realize more and more that she doesn't really understand primary grades. You can tell she hasn't spent much time in them, doesn't really understand how it is different than upper grades. She is really great with the upper grades but truly doesn't have a grasp on the curriculum etc needed by the primary grades. I feel like I am beating my head against the wall sometimes. I will have to figure out how to work with this. I had best get myself in my p.j.'s... goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment