February 23, 2012
Option A or Option B.
I was getting some help from some older students on a project. One student belonged to church "A". This was mentioning that another student had went to church and tattled. Saying that this person didn't swear at church but did at school with his/her friends. He/She said that they didn't swear at church out of respect. The result was he/she has to give the whole church a speech on repentance. I hardly knew what to say. Then he/she said that they were discussing going to the ummm let's say the "mother church" :)! He/She was told he/she wasn't "Mother church" worthy so they couldn't go. Finally I asked him/her "Why do you belong to this church?" The very quick and laughable response was " Well I don't want to be a B". There seems to be only 2 options Church A or Church B. He/She said she liked the church but not really any of the people, and she didn't agree with everything they believed. I said "well eventually you will leave here and maybe you can find something." What do you say to that. It made me sad how love was lacking from the church experience for him/her. I was telling my Dad about it and he said why don't they just put him/her in "stocks" in the town center? Stocks are also known as a pillory. Used for public humiliation. It just made me realize that I need to be very careful what I say to the kids, but also how much love they need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment