Well today was a little nuts. I was online with tech support trying to get our testing fully functional. It is a complete pain in the patootie. Once one issue gets worked out another one pops up that prevents progress. Apparently this is an annual issue. Why they have trouble getting the kinks worked out I don’t know. Some of the tests I thought were gone forever when our server went down were uploaded. But all of the tests since then are not uploading. Where in serverland can they be?? It is so frustrating to have continuing technology issues. I wish we had a staff member that had some knowledge that could take care of some of this on our end without having to wait on tech support.
We got a significant amount of snow today. When I arrived at school we had about 6 inches. It was slow going this morning. The plow had not kept up with the snow and it was wet heavy snow. Usually the snowfall here is very dry and powdery. It was very wet and heavy this time. The snow was blowing sideways most of the day. Our busdriver was getting pretty nervous about making the climb over the summit. The where the school is, is about 6500 feet and the top of the summit is 7500ft. It is a steep, curvy, dangerous climb. The road department called the school and said the plow and sander would lead them up the summit. They ended up leaving school about an hour early. The students waiting on their rides and I made “valentine” boxes. There weren’t many students left. When I left for home I had to wipe about 7 new inches of snow off of my car. I drove up to town and discovered they’d plowed all the snow to the middle of the road. I had to drive to the top end of town to make it around this berm. I really did not want to high center my car. We shall see what tomorrow brings. We really, really, needed the snow so I was happy to see it.
My students dressed for the weather and wore their snowsuits to school. This makes for interesting recesses because 1/3 of it is spent changing into or out of snowsuits. They made HUGE snowballs on the playground and had a fabulous time! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day so we will have a little party at the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment