March 21, 2012

Head spinning

We had a successful fundraiser. Despite the snow coming down fast and furious, and despite the heater being turned off. It was successful. They didn't turn the power off and give me a heart attack.. it was close but didn't happen. I was fighting a cold that got perpetually worse throughout the weekend. I was sooo glad I had Carmen and the 'rents help. I scalded my hands but must've gotten them under cold water soon enough because by Sunday I'd forgotten I burnt them. We had a lot of students gone sick from the fundraiser and from school. Anyhow, I discovered exactly how crazy this town is over BINGO! WOW! I don't feel old enough to appreciate bingo... or maybe I need significantly more grey hair. Whatever it is...I am lacking something regarding appreciation for bingo. I do appreciate that others are willing to play and pay. So we raised quite a bit of money. I am trying to remember all the excitement. It was an impressive amount of snow coming down. It is hard to imagine today as that almost 2 feet of snow mostly melted away.

I started running a fever Sunday. I crawled into bed with flannel pj's, a hoodie, thick socks and my electric mattress pad turned up. Even with all that I had goosebumps. I stayed home Monday and my fever broke yesterday. I shared my germs with my guests so hopefully they stayed healthy. This weekend is a "coyote roundup" where they go and get as many coyotes as possible and the winner is king of the saloon. Well I don't really know what the winner gets but I do know that I am leaving town. The saloon is opening for the event which for me means smoke and lots of noise. I don't know what big/little town I am going to yet but I will be leaving. I have class on Friday up north so I will leave from there. The brain is mush so I shall sign off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment