March 10, 2012

The Weekend!

I had class yesterday. It wasn't very exciting to get up yesterday to drive 90 miles for class. I talked myself into and out of doing it many times. It was a sunny day and no snow. I got there and the doors were locked and no one was around but rolling cart of stuff, a purse, and a chart sitting in front of the door. So I assumed class was still on based on that information. So I waited awhile and the person with keys showed up. It was a good class. I had told myself if you feel like this is a waste of time don't worry about it you don't have to go to the next session. It was worth it though. I did learn a lot. Mostly because it was the first time I have done a training on this particular subject that I didn't leave feeling completely burdened and overwhelmed by a huge amount of material. The teacher really broke it down to a manageable level and we focused on one particular area. I think doing it in this way actually made the whole area more understandable. Because of my being a multi-grade teacher she had me stick with one grade level. I think by learning one grade level really well, it will make it much easier to analyze the other grade levels later. I really appreciated her organization. Sometimes we are told you need to do this. Then you're given a mountain to make something out of. You don't know where to start. Anyhow, I was pretty happy that I went.

I then drove 50 more miles to pick up a prize for our bingo game and while I was there a Wal-mart run. Wal-mart uggh. Wal-mart on Friday afternoon quadruple uggh uggh uggh uggh! You get the idea. When you are near a grocery store, you go to the grocery store. It isn't optional. I then drove the 140 miles back home. I was pretty pooped when I arrived home. The brain had gone to mush long before that. I was late enough or it was cold enough the jack-rabbits were not playing chicken in the road. I did see about 3 owls out hunting. I did get some eye shine in my headlights which I am guessing was a coyote. My pillow looked especially wonderful last night. Today I have been working around the house and thinking about what I need to do the next couple of weeks. The Week after this one... I have state testing for my third grade students. All two of them. So they are getting a sub for three days so I can administer the tests for two students. So my other twelve students are going to have a sub which may or may not provide quality instruction so that I can administer a test for two students. Does this sound crazy to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment