April 23, 2012

Pippi

I've been trying to play an audio book for my students but for some reason I can't get the audio settings correct. Now that we are running the Fan's and AC it is really hard for the students to hear. So I had to stop it for now. I had to go to the shelf and pick something quickly. Sometimes this works out better than when you have a lot of time to pick out a book. The first one I grabbed was Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren. This was one of my favorite characters as a child. I even "helped" wash a kitchen floor a few times "Pippi" style. I started reading it and felt the same thrill as when I first read it. My students got into the story very quickly. It is really fun when you reel them in with a good story. We have a school board presentation on the 9th of next month. I am in charge of decorating the foyer and creating a 2-3 minute presentation for the board. I am a little stressed about what I have to accomplish in a short time. Anyhow, my students and I have finished our Important Book, inspired by a book called "The Important Book" by Margaret Wise Brown. I really want to have it done and together to share with the school board. I think they would enjoy it. My internet went from completely dead to barely functioning. We'll keep making phone calls until we get so annoying they want to come fix it. Of course people sent me some lovely videos and interesting texts that I can't open. I also got a card in the mail from an "old" friend today just to say hi. That was a nice finish to the day. I have been teasing a couple of my students all year long about being adopted by their family. Purely based on their homemade school lunches. Fresh homemade bread, spaghetti, brownies, and more. Today they came in and said "Miss C, Miss C, Mom said she'd adopt you!" It was so cute. So I am invited out to their place this weekend learn how to make bread. I have gotten a couple of recipes from their Mom she is an amazing cook. She even makes her kids homemade "fruit leather" from fresh fruit. Yummy! So I'm adopted... I'll let you know how that goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment