April 29, 2012

Spaghetti Night

I love Spaghetti... not sure why I don't make it more often. It is even better in the next couple of days. Yummy. In our monthly lunch menu it drives me batty that Spaghetti is misspelled every time. Speghetti. Yep Speghetti. If my students remember it is Spaghetti day at school they try not to miss it. Then we have to practice saying Spaghetti, because you get the "basghetti, Pasghetti, skagetti, and other variations.

 I managed to get a lot accomplished this weekend which was a good feeling. I worked on some of the areas in my classroom I didn't get to before school started. Three more garbage bags out the door. Woot Woot. I kind of skimmed the surface because some things I wasn't sure about. So maybe when I have a better grasp of what I need/don't need more will go out the door. Some of it is soooo dated but until I have something of quality to replace it I will keep it. I also got a few of those time-consuming tasks done. Those tasks that require a quiet room and a little time to finish them. I also did some more laundry and cleaned house.

 In about 9 days I have the school board presentation. I am NOT looking forward to this. When that is done I will feel sooooo much better. Before that meeting we are having a maintenance meeting to look at some of those things that need to be worked on. They are probably going to repave our entire parking lot. It needs it pretty badly. Part of this is where the kids play on the playground. It would be fun to see their sidewalk chalk art on new black top. If they do that I will paint hopscotch courts for them. Another thing they are talking about doing is replacing all the carpeted classrooms with vinyl flooring. I would LOVE to say goodbye to my stinky, ripped, taped, smelling, stained, messy, putrid, old, carpet. What I am NOT excited about is emptying my whole classroom so they can accomplish this. This will definitely inspire me getting rid of more old stuff from my classroom. I would love to go through the whole school and get rid of the textbooks from 1975. I am so not kidding about that date. I think my school secretary is a hoarder. I have a tendency to save to much but I eventually hit my wall and get rid of a lot. Hopefully when we have to clear out rooms to replace them w/ flooring it will inspire getting rid of stuff! UGGH I have to ignore it most of the time even though it drives me crazy! Well... I'd better get myself to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment