Well the last day of school before break. Pretty much is controlled chaos. I pushed hard to get some work done this morning. This afternoon was a losing battle. Luckily the weather co-operated and we had fresh snow. So I pulled out the sleds and wore them out quite successfully. It was necessary after the candy canes! These kids and sugar are not friends whoo... it is a virtually instantaneous combustion. Then they need to have some free range time. One of the parents video-taped the Christmas play so we watched that this afternoon. It was funny watching them watch themselves. They thought they were pretty funny.
After school I was helping get the national anthem together for the ball game and a multitude of other tasks when I remembered I'd signed up to donate blood. ON GAME NIGHT?? What was I thinking. Yea I wasn't. Then I said I would donate doubles. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I hadn't done that before. A new and chilling experience. Literally chilling they brought be a blanket and a couple of heat packs. It was pretty much how I felt after afternoon recess standing in the blowing snow throwing saucer sleds up the hill to speed up the sledding process. I have a good arm. Anyhow back to the blood thing. I had to go eat my cookie afterwards, put on a pair of gloves and some slippers. BRRR. Then I made some hot cocoa and started to feel warm again. All of the warming up though happened after....
I was asked to introduce the national anthem, the opposing team, and our team tonight. I don't have an announcer voice. I don't think I messed it up too badly though. I did it in the right order .... so what more can you ask for? Well other than asking someone else to do it. Our refs had to drive through some weather to get here but they made it fine. It is getting pretty cold tonight so the roads were slick. Tonight I wasn't alone leaving the building four of us left together which I appreciated.
I received a few Christmas Gifts from my students. Homemade bread, fudge, jam, (shhh don't tell Dad), a neck warmer, and other fun things! I also received some personalized stickers. That made my day they were pretty fun. I was excited to stick them on some spelling tests today :)! The kids are all about the stickers.
A little house cleaning tonight and some packing, cleaning, laundry tomorrow. I am heading north tomorrow. Taking the slightly longer route to have some better roads. I have my I-pod charging to listen to some more Sherlock Holmes on my drive. If you like British television you must watch their modern version of Sherlock Holmes called "Sherlock". It is awesome. I have one more episode to watch on Netflix.
Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment