I pulled out my cross country ski's I got for last years Christmas and finally had an opportunity to test them out. They worked great.. their operator experienced a few errors. I'd forgotten a few things. For instance how to turn corners. The importance of tying your boots really tight. How the snow blows in this state leaving snow deceptively shallow or deep. There is a kind of rhythm to it that I had lost. Hopefully, with a few more practice rounds I will get a little smoother. It was fun and felt great. I always feel better when it snows. I think I breathe easier. That may or may not make sense but I've always felt that way. Perhaps it is the fresh air, the cold air, or the combination of both. I LIKE SNOW! Some people find this ridiculous and annoying. Let it snow and let it stick! After the eight inches we got last week it has been spitting snow since then. Not enough to stick really well and build up. This is disappointing. Hopefully, we will get more. I'm ready!
I was going to make soup on Friday and I was missing two key ingredients. It was such a bummer. I am still thinking about that soup. I really thought I had my spices lined up and all of them. I was wrong. Sigh. I am going to get some freeze dried veggies and check my spice list twice. It is frustrating buying veggies because sometimes once I get them optimistically I don't have time to turn them into soup etc. This is why I have a cooking day or two before school starts! I think freeze dried veggies would be a good alternative. At least for what I can't get frozen. Some veggies freeze well. Some don't. Also some dehydrate very well. I was thinking it would be fun to get a food dehydrator and learn to do it. Then I remembered I am one person and that would be over kill to do for one person. I also thought briefly it would be fun to learn how to freeze dry food. Then I read up on it and decided I didn't inherit enough engineering abilities to execute that properly. Well, maybe I did but once again it seemed like a lot to do for one person. A few of the mom's here dehydrate food. One make some amazing fruit leather out of pears. It almost tastes like candy without any sugar added.
I went over the mountain to hang out with a friend yesterday. We made a gazillion sugar cookies. It was fun to hang out with her. I've never understood the significance of sugar cookies. There is no chocolate involved. Their taste is only well... sugary. I can understand a little kid thinking they were the best thing every. Like I mentioned before... NO CHOCOLATE! I am not saying all desserts must have chocolate I'm just saying all the best ones do. The second best desserts involve fruit. Other than the one HUGE Exception and that is FRUIT CAKE! Everyone always says you don't like it because you haven't had "MY" fruitcake. The only "fruitcake" which isn't cake that I like is banana bread. That would be way way better as a gift than fruitcake. Hey I'd even take a loaf of zucchini bread. Fruitcake uggh.
I had e-mailed my principal this weekend because I had concerned parents contacting me. Sounds like there will be some plan implemented. I am thinking it might be an already existing plan. It isn't enough but I am trying to be glad the principal is addressing it in some way. Well I have homemade chicken noodle soup heating up and I need to check on it. Not the soup I wanted to make but I live in the boonies. So adaptation is necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment