I had a wonderful weekend. I got to escape the "SMOKE FILLED" apartment and coyote round up and go to a students ranch. We made the stuffing for tamales. I about cutting up dried chilies and that even after you wash your hands twice you still need to keep your hands away from your face!! We did some other cooking while chatting and hanging out. It was so nice. Then I got to stay the night in their guest cabin. It had a gas fireplace. It was absolutely the quintessential ranch cabin. I loved it. The wind blew soooo hard that night. It didn't blow in gusts it was a perpetual wind. It was very loud. It woke me up a few times but I'd remember it's the wind and would fall back to sleep. Then on Sunday I joined this family to find Christmas Trees. It is a pretty cute tradition. They send someone ahead "Santa" to hang candy canes. Then when you drive up you stop where you see candy canes because Santa hangs them where the best trees are. Pretty cute. It poured down rain that day in true Western Oregon or Washington style. We aren't used to that down here. Everyone went home soaked, muddy, and happy. It was a good day.
I came back and had to air out the house, do laundry, and change the air filter. I didn't get a lot done for school over the weekend but it was a good break for my spirit. I had a very nasty e-mail sent to me today I started to read it and realized if I continue to read this I will get a bad spirit, the students will feel it, and it will ruin my day. I closed it and will not read it. It was a great decision because I got back to the kiddos laughed smiled and enjoyed the rest of the day. I realize more and more that holding people accountable rarely exists in today's society. They resist it to an extreme level and other people enable them to not do what is right.
I was very happy to hear compliments about the sportsmanship and professionalism of our co-ed basketball team. They were complimented by other teams, their coaches, and people from the stands. Tomorrow we have our first home game so I will have to be at school pretty late. My car was fixed this week so this Friday I have to get a ride to town to get it and we have a Field Trip on Saturday. Next week is our Christmas play.
No comments:
Post a Comment