December 20, 2012

Dealerships and beef!

I was told not to do any heavy lifting after donating 2 pints of blood. As I was packing up to drive north I thought ummmm  "this is what they were talking about". I always manage to forget something and this time I forgot my camera, a Christmas tree, and a couple other small items.  My arm is finally starting to feel a little "normal" today which I am relieved about because it was like limp spaghetti. Anyhow, I made it north ahead of a storm that blew  all through the night. I was hoping to see more snow today but there wasn't enough to impress me much.

On the way up my check engine light came on so I got it into a mechanic today. The problem is covered under warranty by federal law. The mechanic called the local Toyota dealership and the guy lied to him. So he called another dealership in a bigger town where it was confirmed it was covered. So he told me not to take any flak when I went into the dealership.  So I had Dad follow me in. I asked the guy his name it was the name my mechanic had talked to. I said " I will talk to anyone but you, bring in someone else".  "Okay but what did I do?"  " I said I will talk to anyone but you". Then I waited patiently as he called the other guy a couple of times.  I said "I need a new part on my car which is covered under warranty. When my mechanic called here that guy ( I said pointing toward him) said it was not. Which is wrong it is covered!" He could tell I was wearing my cranky pants. He signed me up to come in tomorrow first thing and have it replaced. As I walked out I suggested "He make sure his people know what they are talking about".    Dad found this whole thing highly amusing. I will be interested to hear his version of the tale as my "intimidator"

I have been craving beef like crazy so I know I need to get my iron back up. I got some orange juice because Aunt S. I remember you telling me it helped the body absorb iron!  I was given a really yummy soup recipe by one of  my parents so I am off to make that.  Avoid dealerships they and lawyers go hand in hand. UGGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment