Sometimes change occurs very quickly. Although, I am not sure in this case it was quickly. I have been asked and asked again, and again... to come back to the district I worked at before. I really didn't want to make that decision when I was exhausted from the last school year. After taking a long break and meeting with the principal again. I talked it over with many of my favorite people who have my best interests in mind. It came down to the realization that what was keeping me here at this job probably wasn't going to last long term. I also realized health wise it probably wouldn't be good for me. Once I decided I started crying not because I will miss the place but my heart is so attached to the students here and I will miss them. Once I made the decision life began to move rather quickly.
My friend offered to come help me load up and move my classroom "stuff". He brought over his car and trailer and we had my car. We loaded it all up today and drove it to my new workplace 2 1/2 hours away. It was sooo amazing that the janitors came out helped us carry everything in and then will move it into my new classroom when they finish cleaning it. I was SOOO surprised by their willingness to be so helpful. I was very thankful and grateful. I can't even begin to explain what a unique experience this was after the last two years.
I looked at a possible rental today and depending on what "the boss" or the landlord's wife says, I may have that lined out. I have had such a warm welcome back to this town it really made me feel like my choice was the right one. I know it will have its struggles, ups and downs, but I have pals there to commiserate with.Teaching one grade level... so weird.
Many of you have donated books to go to the rural school I've been working at and I want to assure you that I left a lot behind. The next teacher will be in a wayyyy better position than I was when I started. Hopefully, it is appreciated. I did some of my paperwork today at the district office. I just have to wait to get my "release" letter from this district before I can be "official". The school board met tonight so hopefully they approved that. They posted my old job today so that is a good sign.
There is a little sadness about leaving such wonderful kids but there is a lot of excitement for meeting new ones and meeting new challenges.
In other news when I was up north I was enjoying the yummyness that I normally don't get to enjoy, like pizza, burritos, sandwiches with fresh ingredients, and all sorts of deliciousness. The problem was my body wasn't really enjoying it and I began to feel worse and very lethargic. I won't share all the glorious symptoms, no one wants that. ;). After analyzing the situation and realizing that I ate a lot of breads that I rarely eat. I have said for a long time I don't really feel well when I eat grains especially really heavy thick breads. I decided to go of gluten in an experiment to see if it was the culprit. I've only been off gluten one week but every day I feel better and things are closer to "normal". So I don't know if I have an allergy or intolerance but I think I will be living gluten free from now on. If I can quit soda I can do this right? It will be much easier to live gluten free now that I am moving closer to a grocery store.
Anyhow, I will keep you posted on what is new and exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment