So it is the second week of living gluten free. I do notice a difference and everyday I feel a bit better. It has been easier than I thought in many ways to live gluten free. What is amazing is how many everyday pantry essentials have gluten in them. From salad dressings, soups, broths, mixes and more. Once I started reading labels it really is scary how much I was eating that I didn't realize. I don't eat bread much or things with bread (unless I visit north) that I really thought I didn't have that much gluten in my diet. I was wrong. Anyhow, every August I have my week of cooking preparing foods for my freezer to live on when the weather gets cold, school gets crazy, and I come home all tuckered out. This is going to need an overhaul as well. I am collecting new recipes. It will be way easier to manage this living closer to a grocery store.
I am realizing this move will bring life back into balance. I haven't had that balance here in my current location. There has been so much good about it and I have learned so much. Overall this living situation hasn't been healthy for me. Physically and mentally. So that makes the move easier to do.
Speaking of moving the part of this state in which I live is all out of U-hauls right now. Apparently a lot of people are moving out of here instead of into here. Not sure that is good. It makes moving last a little longer than I'd like. I am trying to get my apartment packed up. It sounds like my apartment may be available tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers. I plan to take a load over from my apartment in my car. If I can't leave it at my new apartment I can leave it at a friends house. So that will work.
I am wondering why I am moving at the hottest time of year. The news is saying avoid strenuous activities during the hottest part of the day. Uhmmm I think moving is classified as strenuous. So here I go another U-haul in my future. As I continue going through my gluten free life and find any yummy recipes I will share.
No comments:
Post a Comment