October 27, 2013

Hamster Wheel

I've felt like a hamster on a wheel lately. Going full speed ahead but not really going anywhere. This isn't a good feeling. I had a rough week last week. I just hope it is something I can learn from and move on. It wasn't much fun. I've been pushing myself so hard to keep going I think my body started to yell at me this weekend. It was time to STOP and re-evaluate.  My saw blade was beyond dull. I have been trying to rest it hasn't worked as planned. I finally decided to take tomorrow off. The thing about taking a day off is that... it feels like it takes a day to get ready to take a day off.

Someone decided to do standards based report cards. This is good. Seriously it is good. Problem is they haven't saved this in our grading program. It makes grading a pain. A  HUGE PAIN. A time consuming pain. Because it is not saved into our grading program we have a two page step by step program to follow to print grades. If you miss one little  check or click... you have to start over from the beginning again. I can't fathom why they haven't saved this system into our grading software. Somehow, someone, isn't doing what they should be doing. It takes about 1 hour to get through this to print report cards. Then we have to print grade verification reports which is another step by step pain in the patootie that should be saved into the software correctly so that we can just click and print.  It makes me want to yell loudly and curse a lot every time we go through this. I know just enough about this software to question why we are doing this, in this way. I did question it, and quickly shut up before I was shut up. Bureaucracy at it's best. Making paper work 10,000 times worse than it needs to be.

I have a pot of stew in the crock-pot to cook all night. My freezer stash is depleted so I am hoping I can throw together a couple of my easy recipes tomorrow. I am soooooo looking forward to a good sleep and a good rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment