I am soooo glad it is a four day weekend. I have a lot to do planning for next week. Today I worked at home. Catching up on laundry, dishes, cleaning etc. It compiles during the week. I may get a load done here or there but not consistently. I also worked on a couple of painting projects for my classroom. Mom had been saving coffee cans for me. I had enough to use one at every work station in my classroom. I wanted to paint them instead of having a coffee advertisement in my classroom. They will probably be used for crayon storage. At least it looks nice.

Tomorrow the game plan is to spend a lot of time in the classroom. I have a lot to do that I didn't get accomplished before the first day. I also have grading to do and planning for next week. I really need to spend some quality time with the curriculum. I really have to work with the kids on building stamina to get work done. It is amazing how much they can do by the end of the year. I have been making a considered effort into avoided the pockets of negativity at school. You can just go around a corner and say hi and suddenly you are pulled in. We have a lot of frustrations and I completely understand needing to vent. I am more concerned about avoiding the folks who don't focus on solutions. We have a lot of rocks thrown on us as teachers from parents, administration, janitors, our peers, and the public. It can get pretty discouraging. Standing about whining about it doesn't change anything. Complaining about difficult students doesn't change anything. We just have to keep plugging away and doing our best and helping the students do theirs.
No comments:
Post a Comment