Well training has been going well although a bit dry. I asked all week for the janitors to bring me a tall enough ladder that I could finish painting. They brought a ladder but nowhere near tall enough. There will be some high corners of the room without paint. I did the first coat of chalkboard paint on two small areas that I wanted to do. I was planning on finishing painting this weekend. I don't think it is going to happen. I think it will have to be next week. The best laid plans and all that...
I started a crock-pot of beef stew to fix and freeze. I've been trying to make a couple of dishes to freeze every weekend. I haven't had a chance to build up a stash this summer. When school starts it is very difficult to find the time to make a healthy lunch during the week. I really have to get it done on the weekend. Mowed the lawn today and now I am watering it. It didn't get watered well my last trip up north. I am also attempting to get my house cleaned and all my laundry done. It is a challenge. I also have to study for a quiz for my training next week. I am going to have to go back to work to get some rest :).
Got my basket of produce today. There was some fennel in it. I have no idea what to do with fennel. I didn't find any recipes online that made me say hmmm I'd try that. So I think fennel is going out the door. I also got some cabbage. I find all forms of cabbage pretty much yucky. If I was starving I'd eat it but the gas would take out everyone around me. So the cabbage went to the neighbors rabbits. I wish I had a neighbor with a pig, that would be really helpful. Anyhow I'm going to get back to work on all my chores. G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment