Spent my morning lesson planning with colleagues... then worked in the classroom for hours. I have tomorrow to get the classroom presentable for back to school night on Thursday. We are in meetings all day Thursday and Friday so that bites. What are we going to do but just deal. I love my paint in my classroom. Although now that I mention the paint... I showed the water leak area to the maintenance guy. He said... oh well just paint over it. Seriously?? That is why your school buildings fall apart. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal the brick was crumbling and that mold was growing. What're you going to do? Also speaking of the maintenance guy. He was replacing a window in a door today. His method for removing the old glass was to hammer it into the carpet into the hallway. Um okay. Was I surprised later when one of my colleagues walked through and got a piece of glass in her foot. NOPE. This kind of brilliance is just awe inspiring. On the upside he did tell me he is going to try to build some cabinets in my classroom this year. I am ever so hopeful. I shan't believe it till I see it. I have seen his work on cabinets and it is pretty good.
I have my complete class list now. It changed about fifteen times in the past few weeks. They let the parent's make requests for far too long. So School starts Monday and we have our class lists. We are realizing more and more that our administrators are overwhelmed. It is both of their first time beginning the school year at our school. I don't think either of them comprehended what that meant for Elementary School. So hopefully we will have some idea of our schedules when school starts. Here goes another grand experiment designed by administration while we just try to keep our students on track. WOOT.
No comments:
Post a Comment