August 12, 2014

Dive Bombed...

I'd been hearing from my neighbors about attacking hummingbirds.  They had been poked by them as they were out and about in the yard. Well this evening I was enjoying the cool weather on my deck. The little booger dive bombed me. I guess my orange shirt looked like a flower.. then the flower moved and it decided upon caution. I don't think there is enough food around here for them. I love this time of  year because we see a lot of hummingbirds.

I told mom about this but I keep forgetting to share. Where I am from at the cemetery silk flowers are left by the headstones. On the other side of that state it is more common to see fresh flowers. At the bottom of my neighborhood in my current state is the town cemetery. On Memorial Day I thought it was neat how many people visited the cemetery, cleaned it up, and left silk flowers by the headstones. However, here they leave something else by the headstones that you don't see until evening. Perhaps because of the strong winds that occur here and silk flowers fly away and fade in the  weather they leave this other item. I don't know how it got started but it is different.  They leave solar powered lights. The whole cemetery is full of blue, pink, white, and green, solar lights.  It is just a pleasant peaceful glow.  It isn't overdone like Christmas lights...just a soft glow. Anyhow, that was a new idea for me.

At my curriculum training today the President of the curriculum's company stopped in. I was very impressed. He came in very low key. Introduced himself, told us he was invested in our success and they would be continuing to support us while we implemented the curriculum. I think what impressed me was that he was so low key. He didn't make the introduction about him it was about us. Little ole us in this dinky town. We have been giving contact information for our trainer to ask any questions that we need to as we progress in our learning. I think if we implement this in the way that it was intended we are going to see our students make a lot of growth in reading. I am very excited.

Tonight out of the blue... I got this text message. "Did you know you're an amazing and wonderful friend?"
me: " uh.. no?  What did I do?"  "Nothing specific I was just thinking positive thoughts"... some days you need that little pick-me-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment