January 12, 2015

small town problems

I am not a city girl. However I have random moments when I wish I was. No not because of the plethora of shopping options.  Amazon.com and I have a great shopping relationship. No, it is when you are sick (I won't go into details here) and you really need something mild in your stomach.  Your stash of such items are gone so you have no other choice but to go to the store.  Everyone who could run that errand for you is at work. So you get out of your perfectly warm pj's,  slip on some winter clothing, winter boots, and head into the snowy day to buy yourself some broth. Then of course the first people you see as you walk into the store are parents of your student. Who as you say a pathetic "hello" you see the wheels turning as to why you are not at work. It is these moments you wish for a little anonymity.  A wish to be a tiny drop in a much bigger pond. I survived and made it home with my $2.15 cans of broth. I am sure they are cheaper on Amazon but I couldn't wait 2 days for them. Anyhow,  I look out my window now at that cold, wet, miserable day and with my pj's back on, and warm soup in hand, I am once again thankful for this small town. In part because my drive to the store was less than 5 minutes,  no one was in line ahead of me, and I made it out to my car without recognizing a single soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment