January 18, 2015

Soup Weekend

Made a little soup this evening. My stash is very low and since getting back from the holidays, and getting sick I haven't done much cooking. I threw together a Hamburger Soup?   I didn't have fresh veggies I am waiting till this coming weekend for my Bountiful Basket.  So I used my dehydrated carrots, celery, and onions. I threw in a can of fire-roasted tomatoes, a pound of hamburger, a can of corn, a cup of black rice. I decided I wanted it really "tomatoey" so I added  a small can of tomato paste. I have no idea how this will come out. I am sure it will be a hearty school lunch.  It'll work.

I haven't accomplished a lot this weekend. Did some grading, caught up on laundry and dishes, did a little house cleaning. I did a lot of relaxing.  I had a frustrating e-mail from work on Friday. Sometimes all I can do is shake my head at the ridiculousness. I asked for some advice before replying. I am not sure what the outcome will be.  I have been hearing from some of our most experienced and most quality teachers that they are seriously considering leaving the district. I have to find a way to cope and move forward and be patient. It always comes back to the fact that 1. I want a job. 2. I still love teaching.  I hope my love of teaching isn't overwhelmed by the craziness to the point that I leave it. I've had a lot of downs this fall. Some adjustments have made for a better winter. I just need to make it through spring.  

Pet Peeve. I really don't like it when teachers complain about their wages. First of all teacher pay is well documented. You know what wages to expect.  I feel fairly compensated. I do work way more hours than required by my contract. It is the reality of teaching. This is also common knowledge.  Our benefits are generally pretty good. If you are expecting better pay than what teachers receive don't go into this profession.  It varies where a teacher lives and cost of living what wages you get. Still you chose to go into this profession. So I don't want to hear whining about that.  There are a lot of stresses with this job that most people don't understand. There are headaches, heartaches, stomachaches, pain in the arse-aches and more. I have empathy for those situations.

Well I  have one more day of "freedom" before back to work. I will go in to work tomorrow to do some more grading and get ready for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment