Yes it was torture. Observation day was TORTURE! The chaos of a colleagues classroom. Okay maybe torture is a strong word. It did make me feel like the students in her class; lets play with my shoelaces, throw something in the air, spin a round, play with my hair, poke my neighbor, talk to my neighbor, plan recess in my head. Yeah... anything but learn. It was a learning experience. I have a great example of what NOT to do.
I also had the privilege of hearing how "sniff-sniff" difficult it is to teach our Math Curriculum and we have to supplement so much and this and that. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH If you think you have to do it that much then you need to modify your teaching methods. I do supplement a little. However it completely compliments the curriculum ANNND it is practicing it in a really fun way. I am not attempting to NOT teach it because I can't use my pea-size brain to figure out how to teach it. I am tired of the delicate little flowers who don't want to do it! Just do it and LEARN! Okay rant over.
A very good decision I made (pat myself on the back here) was to make an agenda for our planning time. We accomplished all but one item on our list and added one that we forgot we needed to accomplish. So it was focused and productive. I can almost manage next time. I think maybe I can. I think I can....! I will purchase chocolate now. :)
We've had some nice cool rainy weather. It has been intermittent so enough dry in between raindrops to still have outside recess. We can handle snow here, but rain we melt. (AHEM) Indoor recess creates monster children with cabin fever. I feel like I just jinked myself. (knocking-on-wood).
I was asked to be on the Math Team they are putting together in June to really look at the Math Curriculum and what to do with it. I thought about it because it would be some extra money. Then I thought do I really need to beat my head against that wall again and again? I've probably lost that argument and I am moving on. You can go ahead and lower your expectations and see what that does for you. I did consider it because I would get paid for that time. I just don't think I need that headache on top of moving. I hope there are enough wise people on that team to make good decisions.
FYI I am proud of North Carolina. If you don't think creepy men are going to abuse the idea they can go into any bathroom they want you are delusional. I would hesitate to ever use a public bathroom. I would actually probably be willing to PAY to go to the bathroom in a place with an attendant and locking doors. I would be more nervous on Field Trips etc to protect my students from potential abuse. This concept is a BAD idea. So good job North Carolina for not caving under the pressure.
No comments:
Post a Comment