April 3, 2016

Sunday Evening Denial

I feel like every teacher goes through this and perhaps folks who have a 5 day a week job. Sunday evening all the signs the weekend is over have arrived. You don't want it to be over! You want to stretch out the weekend just a few minutes longer. What this means is I usually stay up a little too late on Sunday evenings.  It is the last moments to savor the freedom.

I went to school today. Since I had completed my lesson plans and had almost everything prepared for next week I thought "well this shouldn't take long." Famous last words. Two hours later I was thinking I guess I'll go home and deal with the rest in the a.m. There are just a couple of things to complete in the morning so I think (knock-on-wood) I am ready. It takes soo much preparation to truly be prepared for a school week. I keep thinking this will get easier or faster and it hasn't yet. I always end up adding something or taking away something. One thing that has helped is I use a website called planbook.edu. It is wonderful because I can get on anytime anywhere and add to or tweak my lesson plans. It also helped me to really schedule my day efficiently. You can put in your school calendar with any days off etc. We used to design our own lesson plan template. So on there I have my personal lesson plans and our grade level lesson plans. It has really been beneficial in staying organized. On our grade level lesson plans anyone on our team can edit them so that is helpful.

I have a few favorite British shows. A couple of them added new shows to Netflix the last couple of weeks. It is delightful because I enjoy them so much and I can grade papers while I watch. I have A LOT of grading to catch up on. This weekend I have a dentist appointment and I hope to grade papers, and pack more boxes. My neighbors are having a yard sale so I may want to throw a few things in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment