ahhh the weekend. It is almost long enough to recoup from a hectic week. We've had enough warm weather, moisture, and sunshine for things to grow, bloom, and pollinate. You guessed it Allergy Season is in session. Itchy watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing has began. My little buddy and I have been suffering congestion together. He has been over almost every evening lately. His mom has been fighting an illness for weeks now. So he usually comes to visit me before dinner so she can make dinner and get a few things done. He has come over a couple of times and said "LAUNDRY SHA" he wants to do laundry. Even if I DON'T want to do laundry. I am grateful his attention span is short :). I folded a little, put a little away, put a load in and he was over it. He has also climbed up squished in as close to me as he could get then ordered and I mean ordered "SNUGGLE 'SHA." This means I have to pull him in close and if possible throw a blanket on him.
I went down to school to plan my week a little more. I don't like going when there are a lot of teachers to interrupt my planning. Luckily no one but the janitors were there. Which was unusual because they are usually NOT there this day of the week. So I mentioned something. Well that was kind of a mistake they had to come back today because they hadn't done a very good job cleaning Friday.
I managed to get quite a bit done for my week. I still have more to do but most of it is ready to go. As I was making copies I was thinking about the poetry I have been reading to my students. So as the copier worked its magic I decided to peruse the shelves for some more poetry. Yes, this was a mistake. I got a little lost in the poetry section. I spent an hour there. The copies were done and I was reading poetry. As I read some of the old poetry books I was thinking of how lazy we have become in our language. I teach so much vocabulary in my classroom but that can only make up for so much lost vocabulary in the home. If parents do not read to their children from a variety of sources their vocabulary is lacking in a significant way. Poetry is a really fun way to introduce new vocabulary to kids. They love the rhyme and the rhythm. The old poetry books didn't hesitate to publish poems honoring god's work in nature, the world, people, etc. It's kind of amazing these old poetry books are still on the shelves.
I haven't accomplished a lot this weekend. I've done some laundry, some dishes, some school work, and just relaxing. I finally went to the grocery store last night. I hadn't been to the store in weeks and my refrigerator was pretty grim. I now am stocked and ready to go for a few more weeks. I made a lovely grocery list and realized when I walked in the store I had forgotten it. Of course! I did pretty well remembering what was on my list. My buddy had helped a little with my list so I forgot a couple of items like chocolate chips, toy cars, and ice cream. I did get what I needed to make potato kale soup. Maybe after my afternoon nap I will make it. As soon as my little buddy leaves for his nap I am going to take one myself.
I am being observed tomorrow for during Math. I am hoping the weather is warm enough we can do this outside. It is our introduction to capacity. We find the capacity of different containers. This involves water. You can imagine why I might want to start this activity outside. Hopefully it will work. It was a beautiful sunny, but cold day today. Hopefully there is enough sunshine in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment