April 24, 2016

winds

Ohh what a week. Some things occurred this week that were very difficult. I thought I did a fair job of not taking someone's anger and bitterness and owning it. It isn't easy though. When I moved here a retired teacher told me " keep your eye on the purpose." I have to keep reminding myself I am there for my students. I finally made a breakthrough with a student. This child has been taught to lie. I realized that every time I would question a behavior the response would be a lie. So my reaction to this was negative. I pulled him aside and told him I noticed these things you are good at. I  really like you. Sometimes your actions I do not like. I told him what he did that was upsetting. Then I told him why I would get upset when he lied. I was very specific. He totally got it. I think before he thought I was just getting mad because I didn't like him. He couldn't connect his behavior being the catalyst. I will have to have many more conversations with him because his first instinct is to lie and deny. I am sure it has helped him survive a difficult life. I hope he remembers something from this.

Friday we had 50mph winds. It just Howells over my roof. It kicked up so much dust that the valley had a haze and you couldn't see the mountains to the north. This kicked off my spring allergies even worse. I am borderline asthmatic. I have been taking my air filter from room to room with me. You could smell and taste the dust in the air. In the night it began tosnow so that helped the outdoor air quality. Indoors though it didn't seem to clear as well. I have my inhaler, my air purifier, hot steamy showers, so I hope my lungs are better before Monday. I had dinner with a friend and she said she could hear it. If they don't clear I will head to the dr. It sure drains me of energy.

As I had dinner with the friend tonight it was a reminder to keep good people close. They remind you of what is important and help keep your eyes in the right direction.  Well I had to drink a little caffeine to help my lungs now I am wide awake when I should be sleeping. I am going to drink more water move my air filter again and hit the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment