May 3, 2016

News

Welll... Where to begin. No news to much news.

We had our observations today where we go and evaluate one another on our teaching. It was the last day of this. Giving feedback and receiving feedback. It was another torture session. If I had amazing colleagues I would sooo be into observing and learning from them.  One did a good job. I myself really shouldn't point any fingers about quality of lesson plans. Because...


I woke up this morning feeling pretty awful. I went to bed at seven the night before and slept intermittently till about 4 a.m. I woke up with a terrible cough. I've been battling a cough for weeks but this was a whole new level. I new we had our observations today so I told myself to suck-it-up! I talked with my principal this a.m. and said I was going to try to get into the clinic if they would work me in. They did work me in and told me come "NOW." Well going right "NOW" is difficult when their admissions system is slower than  molasses on a December morning. So I went through that then they took me back. They got me in to a room immediately. I had to chuckle. They must've thought I was depressed because next thing I knew I had a suicide checklist handed to me. I joked with the lady if there is a vacation on here I could use one of those.  I wanted to say I just don't feel well. I want to go to bed. This is what a person looks like when they want their pajamas a cup of tea and some strong medicine. You can give me the medicine. So after that they the Dr. started listening to my lungs etc. You guessed it. Bronchitis AGAIN! Sigh. The Dr. sent in my prescriptions I thanked him profusely for working me in to his schedule and went back to work. I was there for the end of my colleagues observation and for mine. Then we met and chatted. It was good. I went to pick up my prescriptions two hours later  dreaming of pajamas and well it wasn't ready yet. Sigh. So I am trying to stay in my clothing until it is time to pick them up. The Dr. told me if I still have a cough after this treatment he wants to see me again. I hope that this works. I am tired.

I missed our teacher appreciation dinner last night. I went to bed instead. I made the right choice. The award I received was the "Kit Kat" award "Most in Need of a Break".  I'll take one. I also was given an engraved apple stating their appreciation for my hard work and that I would be missed. I thought that was nice. I was home though... taking a break!

In other news in the space of three days I have scheduled three interviews for next week.  I am excited about that. Another reason to get HEALTHY! I don't know  much about the positions but I am excited. So that is the NEW news! I am so glad the pharmacy is literally only a couple of minutes away. I can do this! Getting some medicine in my system should make all the difference. I'll make some delicious smoothies and get in some good vitamins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment