Waiting is not my forte, as I think I've mentioned before. Especially when it is something important. I still think there are lessons to be learned during the wait. We are often in a hurry and waiting forces reflection and acceptance. Waiting is good...even when it is hard.
Our administration forgot to mention that the software we use for grading expires the week before school is out. So I have been madly finishing grades and trying to get them done. Hence my late night tonight. I think (knock on wood) I am at the point I can print them at school in the morning. I also had a few unexpected interruptions such as an I.E.P. I was informed of the day before the I.E.P. It takes a significant amount of time to get through these and finding out the day before was a little annoying. The secretary asked me if I was counting down the days and I said "I am just going hour by hour right now." It is true. There have been so many unexpected additions to our days and week that I've had to just take it a little at a time and go on.
My allergies are pretty awful right now. The good news is I do feel better every day. I can tell my lungs have cleared. Now I just need to get through allergy season. Lilacs...in part it's the lilacs. They are pretty and hardy. They are awful for allergies. I was actually talking with a parent about it. She said when they moved here they were looking up what to plant would survive. She said under lilacs it recommended asking your neighbors before planting them because such a high number of people are allergic to them. They are intense. I usually clip the buds off before they have a chance to bloom. I didn't get that done this year. I am not sure that would've mattered though as they've been planted in just about every single yard here. In my mystery story if I were to be murdered... it would be "Death by Lilacs" :) Yeah...
Well ONE MORE DAY THIS WEEK and 2 and 1/2 days of kids next week! I can do this!!! Well coca-cola, vitamins, and I can do this! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment