November 7, 2016

Blue Monday



It's seems there are quite a few songs about Mondays! Monday's after a time change are especially blue. I don't know how we can get an "extra" hour and I have students that still didn't get breakfast fed to them in the morning. I get frustrated because it isn't a one time occurrence but a regular occurrence for a student. Feed your kid!

Today was a busy day but we kept on trucking till we accomplished most of the lesson plan! We started a writing activity today that explains "How To Cook a Turkey" based on the ingredients students were throwing out there I think I am glad they aren't making my Thanksgiving Dinner. The kids finished writing "Thankful" leaves for our tree on our bulletin board. One student wrote "I am thankful for dinner." I wasn't sure if that meant Thanksgiving Dinner or just Dinner in general.

 We also did a little study of what Veteran's Day is and how it came to be! We watched a little bit of the "Changing of the Guard" at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The class was silent and watching carefully. I hope they remember just enough to show respect to Veteran's this week.

I have a appointment tomorrow with the eye Dr. I'm not sure what I did to my poor eyeball but it just isn't improving quickly. So hopefully he can discover what the problem is. I will miss the afternoon at school. I have no idea who my substitute will be. I can only hope my students are well behaved.

Here's a song for the "Time Change"   lol....

No comments:

Post a Comment