February 10, 2017

It rains

We're experiencing a lot of water. Tonight it is expected to turn to snow. It's a mess all over the place.

Today was a little nutty. A colleague went home  yesterday sick with a 103 degree fever. Needless to say she was absent today. Unfortunately, we also ran out of substitutes. So her class was split between the other 6 classes. It's amazing how only three more kids can make such a big difference. It poured down rain most of the day so much so that by afternoon recess the playground was such a big muddy puddle that it was cancelled. Some of the students had to complete some school work during recess. The others got to play with these!  They haven't gotten too creative with them yet but they really like them. They are such simple toys, but they really like them. Probably because most kids do not have toys like these at home anymore.

It was interesting having students from another class in my room. They were completely lost in math. It is a bummer because what we did today was pretty basic 2nd grade material. This stupid curriculum these other teachers are attempting to teach are turning them into terrible math teachers. It really is the curriculum. It is HORRIBLE. Rant over....for now. I sometimes wish I could just teach math to all the 2nd graders. I think in some ways I would become really bored. I just hate seeing them learning math in this manner.

I am soooo glad it is Friday. I do need to go into work for a bit this weekend. I did get some preparations done during my prep time today. We have less than 80 school days left....and I have a lot left to teach! ACCCK

No comments:

Post a Comment