I had to be a grown up and go to Wal-Mart tonight. I waited till an hour I thought there would be a few less people there. I timed it okay. I decided to grab some Vitamin C and of course that is in the aisle right in front of the pharmacy. The aisle the pharmacy uses to line up their customers. So of course they wouldn't move out of the way so I could grab some Vitamin C. I finally got it. I hate Wal-Mart. I also bought a couple electronic items I needed for my kids to start their claymation. Just when I thought I had everything... I thought of something else! I think (knock on wood) we are ready.
One of our local schools is near the river that flooded. Many homes of students have been condemned and their families lost everything. The school sent us and e-mail asking for clothing, bedding, furniture, non-perishable foods etc. When I went to that terrible store I picked up some towels and pillows. I thought to myself. I wouldn't want a used pillow. My school is collecting items to drop off at the site that is distributing them to families. I talked with my students about it. It is hard to explain to them that every single thing they own they cannot use because it was contaminated by sewage. I finally told them sewage is everything you flush down the toilet. Then they had a little bit of a picture. I hope it will help them to think of others. A few of my students are really, really spoiled.
One of my students is with a babysitter who does not accept anything less than stellar behavior. She provides a lot of structure for children that really need it. The student told me today that they didn't need to behave because they weren't with the babysitter today. Well then....!
I am trying to think of what else is new, but I can hardly keep my eyes open. G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment