March 15, 2018

7 more

It has been a hectic week. Tonight my student I tutor didn't show and I was asked to babysit my little buddy. I was able to leave early enough to do that. I completed a load of laundry, emptied and took out all the trash, and did a load of dishes. All while hanging out with my funny short friend. Luckily he doesn't mind if I work around him as long as I stop once and awhile sit with him and chat. I even managed to get my clothes  for tomorrow set out. It is supposed to snow through the night so I have a back up...just in case I need warmer gear. 

One of the Special Ed. aides has been helping me now and again grade papers, do bulletin boards, make copies, and other odds and ends. Next she is helping me put together the materials needed for student  led conferences. This should be interesting. It leaves me with a lot of work to do this weekend. Finishing grades, Reading plans, prepping materials, and a host of other things I can't think of right now. The good news is. Spring Break is on its way. Which is good... I cannot keep up the pace I've been at lately.

Coffee drinking continues. I really enjoy the impact it has on my lungs for several hours. I wish it lasted a little longer, but that is a major upside. It opens them up. It is a great feeling and doesn't make me feel weird like my inhaler does. Since it snowed a little my allergies kind of stalled for the moment. As far as I'm concerned it can snow till June! Not a popular opinion.

I need to come up with a meal plan for my busy week next week. I will have to find some time to cook this weekend so I don't end up eating crap all week. Hmmm, something to consider. Last weekend I wasn't paying careful attention to the type of salad greens I bought. I did pay careful attention once I started eating them. It had "herbs" added. The herb of choice seems to be cilantro and Epazote. Let me tell you... if you want to punish your child for saying bad words... don't worry about the soap. Get out the Epazote. It is really a bad combination of a cilantro, anise, and some other indefinable  nastiness. I learned about a new herb, and discovered how much more revolting you can make a salad. I also was reminded to look at labels a little more carefully.

7 more days till break....

No comments:

Post a Comment